|Previous Episode||Next Episode|
|S3E14: "HOPEless"||S3E16: "When a VPN is Not a VPN"|
|Recorded (UTC)||Aired (UTC)||Editor|
|2018-09-13 01:49:55||2018-09-23 16:32:41||"Edita"|
We yammer about yum and DNF for a bit in this episode.
- Mobile broadband is expected to hit 4.4 billion users by the end of 2018.
- Popular macOS apps were caught pilfering browser history.
- Google implements tracking directly with Mastercard and there’s some shady stuff about it.
- There’s an RCE in Microsoft Sharepoint (as if we couldn’t see this particular thing being covered).
- FCC can define markets with one ISP as competitive.
Starts at 16m19s.
I was drinking Victory’s Golden Monkey, some water, and chamomile tea. Paden was drinking a diet Dr. Pepper (and some vodka, but he didn’t specify what kind). Jthan was drinking Auchentoshan 12 Whisky.
In this segment, we highlight system administration mistakes. Think of them as the IT equivalent of the Darwin Awards. (45m0s)
As it turns out, there was a privilege escalation for Docker that could fit into a tweet.
- We did, in fact, have a Twitter poll on who was the best host. Surprisingly, Jthan won.
- When Paden said Jthan was the “third-worst” host, that would mean Jthan was the best. I’m fairly certain he meant to say “third best”, but as it stands…
- How the hell does he remember this shit? We have indeed linked to the scotch Jthan was drinking before.
- I’m disappointed that nobody caught my “Scotch-Irish Whiskey” joke.
- I said “yum
“. That should have been “yum install “.
- Jthan, I explicitly said “replace the system python”, not “install an additional python parser”. :P Otherwise you get things like this.
- I didn’t finish trying to break DNF’s python in Fedora because the build wouldn’t complete in time, and then I lost interest. :(
|Intro||Action||Monplaisir||click||CC0 1.0||Outro||Postcards From The Sunset||Yellow Cop||click||CC-BY-SA 4.0|