|Previous Episode||Next Episode|
|S5E15: "Writings on the WALL(1)"||S5E17: "X-Ray Specs"|
|Recorded (UTC)||Aired (UTC)||Editor|
|2020-09-17 04:02:40||2020-09-26 04:20:32||"Edita"|
In this episode we talk about how useful LDAP is.
Also, check out our upcoming gamenights! At least one of them is actually for a good cause!
Just the Tip
- Paden talks about tracepath.
- Trafshow is basically an ncurses wireshark but not as good as something like termshark.
- Plus, trafshow upstream seems to be dead lol.
Starts at 15m46s.
I was drinking water. Paden was drinking cranberry juice and Buckeye vodka and water. Jthan was drinking Miller High Life Light.
- We have a two-day game night (“night”) coming up! The day before and the day of for Halloween. We’ll be playing They Hunger and Afraid of Monsters (both co-op), see the link for details.
- On November 7, I (r00t^2) will be doing Extra-Life! We’ll be playing Unreal Gold Co-op plus maybe Doom if we finish Unreal.
- By the way, Jthan, don’t you fret. Unreal has enemies that look a lot like ‘tacodemons’.
- LDAP (22m48s)
- Four main LDAP server software (Oracle’s Internet Directory, Windows’ Active Directory incorporates an LDAP server, OpenLDAP (my personal preferred implementation), and RedHat’s 389DS)
- LDAP (“Lightweight Directory Access Protocol”) has a multitude of applications for when you need stronger relational attributes than a relational database.
- Anyone who’s worked with LDAP before may doubt the “lightweight” part of its name, but believe me – it really is lightweight.
- RFCs can be found here.
- LDAP is structured, but you can add custom objects/object types.
- It supports many layers of nesting and attributes with multiple values.
- It supports aliased entries, which can be treated as an alias object or as a “real” object (“alias dereferencing”).
- It can be used as an authentication mechanism/store, and has an extremely flexible and complex ACL system that can do just about what you want it to.
- It is highly, highly recommended that you use and become familiar with the OpenLDAP CLI utilites (e.g.
ldapsearch) or something like python-ldap.
- Also know how to write, modify, etc. LDAP’s LDIF. RedHat has some good information on LDIF.
- There are a lot of GUI clients (“LDAP browsers”).
- The absolute best is Apache Directory Studio.
In this segment, Jthan shares with you a little slice of life. The title is a reference to this video. (2m16s in)
Starts at 53m19s.
Jthan is an academia whore for Yubico. He wonders about implementing a sort of “selection-based” 2FA/MFA.
- Traceroute does not require superuser/root access either.
- I meant that MySQL stores its uses in the “mysql.user” table as rows.
- Jthan needs to read up on the CFAA.
- I (r00t^2) still can’t math.
|Intro||Future||Faserklang||click||CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0||Outro||La moitié de moi||Bruit Blanc||click||CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0|
Categories Season Five
There are currently no comments on this article.