S3E13: "Jason Scott is Breaking Out in Archives"
|Previous Episode||Next Episode|
|S3E12: "Let Me AIX You A Question, Forge"||S3E14: "HOPEless"|
|Recorded (UTC)||Aired (UTC)||Editor|
|2018-08-15 21:57:47||2018-08-27 11:32:25||"Edita"|
In which we invite Jason Scott to talk with us about Textfiles.com and the Internet Archive!
- A Chinese engineer at San Jose firm Lumileds exfiltrated company secrets to a Chinese company.
- Oracle has been accused of defrauding investors.
- Hitachi is increasing its telecommuting staff to 100k employees.
- 4 Amazon bugs have been incorporated into an RCE.
- The Snapchat source code has been leaked.
- There was a local escalation in Microsoft Edge.
- The Taiwan TSMC has been infected (alternate source).
- 200,000 consumer routers in Brazil were hijacked to mine cryptocurrency.
- There is a new attack that speeds up WPA2-PSK attacks.
Starts at 15m23s.
I was drinking Jefferson’s Reserve bourbon (and chai). Paden was drinking nothing. Jthan was drinking Wasmund’s Rappahannock Pot-Stilled Single Malt Whiskey. Jason was drinking nothing.
- https://twitter.com/textfiles Scott is with us!
In this segment, we highlight system administration mistakes. Think of them as the IT equivalent of the Darwin Awards.
We skipped the Baddie for this episode!
- None so far!
|Intro||Night Owl||Broke For Free||click||CC-BY 3.0||Outro||The Temperature of the Air on the Bow of the Kaleetan||Chris Zabriskie||click||CC-BY 4.0|